For the first time, we’re hosting a virtual fundraising event benefitting Shriners Hospitals for Children – Portland, and we could use your help! The event takes place from June 25 – July 4, but attendees can sign up today and start fundraising!
Our virtual fundraising walk, Stroll, Roll & SHINE, is an opportunity for Shriners, hospital patients, staff, and community members to make a difference at the Portland Shriners Hospital by raising funds and winning prizes in the process! Registration for the event is FREE and attendees can sign up as an individual or as a team. Once you’ve created your fundraising page, raise funds by contacting your neighbors, friends, family, peers, and classmates, and win prizes by meeting fundraising milestones. Then, during the event itself, be sure to get outside and stay active while supporting the Portland Shriners Hospital. Be sure to tune in to our social media pages during the event to win a ton of great prizes (from brands like McMenamins, Trail Blazers, Sesame Donuts, and more!) by completing virtual challenges.
Learn more about the event and register here: www.strollrollandshine.org
Because we care for patients across such a large geographic area, this event allows more of our patients to participate – wherever they are! Also, for patients with mobility or sensory issues, this virtual event is more accessible because they can participate in the fun without the large crowds and noises. If you or your patients are unsure how to participate, fear not – upon registration, an event toolkit is emailed to each attendee, and it’s full of tips to help you participate in this virtual event, including plenty of fundraising ideas.
How to sign up:
1) Visit www.strollrollandshine.org
2) Click on “Register”
3) Here you have the option to choose: Sign up as an individual, join an existing team, or create a new team. Click one of these options.
4) Click on the “+” sign to add the number of people you’d like to register. Remember, registration is free!
5) Once you’ve added the number of people you’d like to register, click on the “Register” button on the right-hand side of the screen.
6) Complete the registration form and click “Next”.
7) If you’d like to make a donation at this point, feel free! Otherwise, click “Skip Donation” at the bottom of the page.
8) You are ready to fundraise!
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Marketing and Communications Manager
Shriners Hospitals for Children – Portland
Margaret A. Gamon